Monday 23 July 2018

V1DNA 0BMANA - S0UNDTRACK FOR THE AQUAR1UM (2001)

Swimming in rivers and oceans. Dreaming the life aquatic. In the early 1990s, Antwerp Zoo commissioned a series of soundtracks for their aquarium--atmospheric, watery and otherworldly sounds from two local Belgian acts, V.Obmana (D. Serries) and industrial-ambient-tribal band Hybryds. While the Zoo put out a sampling under their own imprimatur in 1993, today we present both works in their full-album formats.

Here is Vidna's collected recordings, compositions and field recordings (remastered) including a live performance from 1993.

So gentle, dreamy and...wet

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a ton! I love some of Obmana's music not all he can get quite dissonant at times. Another good listen is River of Appearance sheer ephemeral bliss on disc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to checking that out. I am not very knowledgeable about most of his work. I like what I've heard!

    ReplyDelete