Sunday 18 December 2016

J0DY HARR1S / R0BERT QU1NE - ESCAPE (1981)

The title exudes associations about how The Society of the Spectacle got it wrong. And of course Adolf Loos, decades earlier. Decoration can--and should be--vital. Escapism, necessary. I concede it's a fine line. Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy should, if I was being consistent, show up for investigation on these pages devoted to sound, music, slumber and dreams. Perhaps it will. We all need at times to turn away, turn inward, surrender to passivity. Other times, escapism can fuel or refuel, affect and embolden. At the least restore the drive to fight another day, rock n, roll. (To resist, or at least practice No Way-v.)

Throw that knife...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me know. Something hinky going on. I've refreshed the link: hope that works.

    ReplyDelete