Friday 2 December 2016

ANT0N F1ER - DREAMSPEED (1993)

First of two techno-ish releases from the mid 90s today, both thematically linked in terms of the sense-space of dreams, slumber, and narrative journey. Here, the first seven tracks resurrected from an old scratched CD and filled out from other sources: about 45 minutes from original 68 minute Avant release. More than enough to attain the speed of dreams: downtempo club-dub, lusty vocals, downtown no-wavish textures. Bootsy, Bucket, Phew et al. A short Paul Bowles sample on track seven for those who enjoyed the album last week.

Dream it...

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. If you want I can rip the CD, my copy was brand new when I bought it in the 90's, still good. This CD has been withdrawn by Fier, then it was reissued by Tzadik on an Do-CD, together with "Blind Light - Abscence of Time". For my ears it sounds like countless Laswell-projects from the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! But the title makes it work for the blog. Also, I liked what Phew added to this one. I would certainly appreciate a complete copy, Lucky, if you have the time and inclination. Hopefully I could make it up to you in the future!

    ReplyDelete